Chicken is one of my favorite food and I love to eat this in all forms even it is soup, Barbeque, or anything made up of chicken. but eating chicken costs me too much in calories. and when I start dieting i got very demotivated when i saw someone eating chicken in front of me.
And I think I should have to cheat the diet (and sometimes I do:) ). and then I found this delicious and healthy Greek Chicken & Farro Salad recipe. which is very healthy and it just costs me 380 calories.
- 1/4 cup of quick-cooking farro.
- 2 tablespoons of olive oil.
- 1/2 small red onion (Thinly-Sliced).
- 4 tablespoons of lemon juice.
- Pepper and Kosher Salt (For Seasoning).
- 12 oz skinless, boneless breasts of chicken (sliced thick up to ½ inch).
- 1/4 cup of fresh dill (Chopped).
- 8 oz grape tomatoes (Halved).
- 1/2 seedless cucumber(Catted into ½-inch pieces)
- 3 oz baby arugula (about 3 cups).
- 3 oz feta(Crumbled)
- First, Cook the farro as per the directions Witten on the pack. After this drain this and transfer into a large bowl and toss 1 tablespoon of olive or any cooking oil.
- Now, toss thinly sliced onions in the large bowl, and with that add 2 tablespoons of lemon juice and a pinch of salt (or according to your Taste). And now toss them twice.
- After tossing them, now heat the all remaining oil in a large skillet on “medium flame”. Now season the chicken breasts into the skillet with ¼ tablespoon of pepper and salt each breast. And now cook it until they become golden brown. (in my case it takes approximately 8-10 minutes)
- After they turn golden-brown remove the skillet from the heat and now stir the remaining 2 tablespoons of lemon juice on it. (in that way the juice will stir on all breasts)
- After stirring the lemon juice leave it for a minimum of 5 minutes that the chicken pieces will absorb the juice. After 5 minutes add chicken any juice to farro along with tomatoes, dill, onion (with its juice), and cucumber. Now toss them to combine them properly and in last fold in arugula and feta. Yup! you are done with it. Now Eat/deserve and enjoy it.
|Fat||10 g (1.5 g sat)|
|Sugar||4 g (0 g added sugar)|
Recipe By: WomensHealthMag