Crispy Cod with Sweet Potato Fries is one of my favorite dishes. Because it is easy to make and you can make it very fast literally you can make this in 30 minutes without even cooking experience. I mostly make it when i want to eat something very healthy and i don’t have that much time to spend in the kitchen.
This delicious Crispy Cod is made by baking fish and sweet potatoes in the oven instead of frying them in a deep fryer. so this is why it contains very fewer calories (282) which is very healthy and you can use this as your weight loss diet. So now without further let’s jump to the recipe.
Also see, Creamy Chipotle Sweet Potato Penne Pasta (456KCAL)
- Nonstick cooking spray.
- 3 Tablespoons of olive oil.
- 1/2 Tablespoons of onion powder.
- 1/2 Tablespoons of garlic salt.
- 1/2 Tablespoons of black pepper.
- 450gms/1 lb of sweet potatoes, cut into 1/2-inch-thick wedges.
- 1/3 cup of whole-wheat panko bread crumbs.
- 1/2 Tablespoons of dried thyme, crushed.
- 450gms/1 lb of fresh or frozen cod fillets, about 1 inch thick, cut into serving-size pieces.
- Lemon wedges or malt vinegar.
- First of all, preheat your oven up to 425°F or 220°C.
- Now line your 15×10 inches baking pan with foil(if you don’t have a 15×10 inches pan. you can still use any pan which you have). Lightly coat your pan with cooking spray. now in a large bowl combine 1 (tsp.) oil, onion powder,1/4 (tsp.) of garlic salt, and 1/4 (tsp.) of pepper. Now add potato wedges and toss to the coat. Try to arrange in a single layer on half of the prepared baking pan. Bake this for about 15 minutes.
- While it is baking, In a small bowl make a mixture of bread crumbs, thyme, and 1/4 (tsp.) of pepper and garlic salt. Add the remaining 2 (tsp.) cooking oil and toss to make the mixture.
- Now after 15 minutes remove the baking pan from the oven. and carefully turn the potatoes over. and place fish on the empty side of the baking pan. now spray or sprinkle the breadcrumb mixture (that we made in step 2) onto the fish and return the baking pan to the oven.
- Now bake about 10-12 minutes more, until the potatoes starting to turn brown and the fish flakes easily. After that take the hot pan out of the oven and serve with lemon wedges or malt vinegar.
I hope you enjoy making and eating it if so then, please tell me in the comments that how it goes and how’s the taste. you can also check out our blog for other recipes.
|Fat||11 g (2 g saturated)|
Recipe and image By EatThis