Creamy Chipotle Sweet Potato Penne Pasta is a gluten-free pasta that is made up of the best vegan (sweet potato cream sauce that’s made with fresh garlic, cashews, chipotle chiles, and roasted sweet potatoes).
This delicious and creamy food only contains 456 calories, which is insane. Because if you just eat one burger from Mcdonalds it costs you 450-740 calories(you can check it here). which is a lot for fast food. When I want to eat something creamy and not unhealthy. I eat Creamy Chipotle Sweet Potato Penne Pasta because I can’t compromise my health just for eating something creamy and delicious. I think I am kinda boring. So without easting further time let’s start cooking.
Also see, Blackened Chicken Cobb Salad (475 KCAL)
- 3 cups of quinoa penne and brown rice.
- 1/2 tablespoons of olive oil.
- 1 cup of baby Bella mushrooms(sliced).
- 1/4 tablespoons of garlic powder.
- Freshly ground pepper and salt(for taste).
Ingredients for the sauce:
- ½ cup of whole cashews(soaked for 2 hours and drained)
- 1 small roasted sweet potato(peeled).
- ⅔ cups of water.
- 2 cloves garlic.
- 1 Pueblo Lindo Chiles Chipotle Pepper (you can also add 1 more if you want to make it spicier).
- ⅛ tablespoon of nutmeg.
- ½ tablespoon of salt(You can also add more according to your taste).
- Freshly ground pepper(As much as you want).
- First, soak the cashews in 4cups/1ltr of water for a minimum of 2 hours. You can also speed up the soaking process by adding 4cups/1ltr hot water(boiling water) in it for 45minutes.
- Now for making the pasta sauce: add roasted sweet potatoes, drained cashews, garlic, water, nutmeg, chile pepper, salt, and pepper to a high power blender. and blend it until the sauce turns thick and mixed properly. Now add 1 or 2 tablespoons of water to make the sauce thicker. now taste it and adjust the seasoning according to your taste. after the sauce is made keep it aside.
- Now make the pasta as written on the packet of pasta. and transfer it to the pot.
- After the pasta boiled. now you have to saute the mushrooms: Add olive oil to a skillet and place it on medium heat on the stove. Add mushrooms then season with salt, pepper, and garlic powder. you have to saute it until they turn down juicy and looks nice.
- after mushrooms saute you have to stir the sweet potato sauce(which you’ve made in the 2nd step) into the cooked pasta. add mushrooms and mix it properly. Now garnish it with parsley or sage. whatever you prefer (I personally prefer Sage).
Recipe By AmbitiousKitchen