Creamy Chicken Quinoa Broccoli Casserole is one of my favorite dishes. I first eat this at my friends home and from that day I am in love with it I search a lot about how to make this delicious food and found a lot of recipes all of them are just ok (or you can say bad) But one day i found this delicious recipe fro PichOfYum and from that day I am in love with it.
When I first started dieting i have to eat something which is healthy and low in calories. and this is one of the food which i enjoyed during the complete diet.
Because it just costs me 317 calories and it is very delicious. without further ado let’s start the recipe.
- 2 cups of reduced-sodium chicken broth.
- 1 Cup of milk.
- 1 teaspoon of poultry seasoning.
- 1/2 Cup of flour.
- 2 cups of water.
- 1 Cup of uncooked quinoa(rinsed).
- 1/4 cup of cooked, crumbled bacon.
- 1 pound boneless skinless chicken breasts.
- 2 teaspoons of seasoning (like Emeril’s Essence or any basic blend you like).
- 1/4 cup of shredded Gruyere cheese.
- 3 cups of fresh broccoli florets.
- First, preheat the oven to 400°F or 205°C. and grease the baking dish (you have to grease it completely if the sides lefts ungreased then it can stick to the sauce). Now add 1/2 cup milk and chicken broth to the saucepan and boil it. while it is boiling which the remaining 1/2 cup milk with flour and poultry seasoning. Now add the mixture to the boiling saucepan and mix it well until it turns out into a smooth creamy sauce.
- Now in a large bowl mix the sauce (which we made in step one) with quinoa, bacon, and one cup of water and stir it until it combines well. Pour this mixture into the baking dish and now add the chicken breasts in form of thin slices on the top of the mixture and sprinkle any of your favorite seasoning on the top. Now, bake this uncovered for half an hour (30 Mins).
- While the mixture is in the oven. boil the Broccoli for 1 minute until it turns green. after that run this under cold water. and set aside.
- Now bring the mixture out of the oven and check the mixture that is it baked completely. if it doesn’t then bake for additional 12-15 Mins. And when the Quinoa and Chicken baked completely and the mixture is thickened, add the boiled broccoli with one cup of water, stir it and add cheese on the top of the mixture and bake it for additional 3-4 Mins (until the cheese melts). Yeah! you’ve made it now serve/eat and enjoy.
|Calories Per Serving||317 KCAL|
|Total Fat||7.9 g|
|Dietary Fiber||3.5 g|
|Vitamin C||39.4 mg|
|Total Carbohydrate||32.5 g|
Recipe By PinchOfYum