Blackened Chicken Cobb Salad is one of my favorite salads because of its ease to make, it is healthy, low in calories and it tastes very good. I will even eat this when I am not on diet.
When we start doing diet then we prefer to eat salads instead of burgers or fries. and you know what, when i first start dieting and also do the same thing. and I eat all types of salads(regretfully) in thinking of that, they contain low calories but no some of them contain even more calories than a burger or pizza.
And after some time of dieting, i just starting to hate the salads. and I eat this just as a diet not as a food:)
but one day i found this delicious and low carb (literally 475 calories) Blackened Chicken Cobb Salad recipe. And from that day I am in love with this food. and it is or of my favorite food now which i can eat every day :). So let’s start the recipe.
Also See, Creamy Chipotle Sweet Potato Penne Pasta (456KCAL)
- ¾ tablespoons of paprika.
- ¾ tablespoons of chili powder.
- ¾ tablespoons of garlic powder.
- ½ tablespoons of sea salt.
- ¼ tablespoons of pepper.
- Pinch of cayenne pepper.
- 1 tablespoon of olive oil.
- 450gms/lb of boneless skinless chicken breasts (3–4 pieces).
- 12 cups of baby spinach or chopped romaine(according to the availability).
- 4 large eggs(hard-boiled) peeled and sliced.
- 1 cup of grape tomatoes(halved).
- 1 large cucumber(sliced).
- 1 cup of baby Bella mushrooms(sauteed).
- ½ cup of red onion(chopped).
- 6 slices cooked turkey bacon(crumbled).
- ½ cups of crumbled blue cheese(if available).
- 1–2 avocados(sliced).
Ingredients For The Vinegar:
- ⅓ cup of vinegar.
- 1 tablespoon of Dijon mustard.
- 1 tablespoon of maple syrup or honey.
- ¾ tablespoon of sea salt.
- ½ tablespoon of black pepper.
- ½ cups of extra virgin olive oil.
- First, take the chicken and wash it properly. after washing the chicken dry it gently with paper towels. now make a mixture of spices (garlic powder, paprika, chili powder, sea salt, black pepper, and cayenne pepper) in a small bowl and coat the chicken breasts with the mixture properly.
- Now for cooking the chicken you can either grill it or sear it on the stovetop. but for this recipe, I am using the stovetop. for searing add 1tbs. of olive oil to a large skillet on medium heat.
- While the chicken is cooking, you can make the dressing, and for this, you have to whisk all the remaining ingredients in a glass jar or a small bowl.
- Now divide the romaine or spinach among 4 plates. and like that make 4 portions of each blackened chicken, tomatoes, cucumber, Eggs (hard-boiled), mushrooms, avocado, red onion, bacon, and cheese on the top of greens.
- Now before serving this, add 1-2 tablespoons of lemon vinaigrette or any of your favorite dressing on it. Yup, your Blackened Chicken Cobb Salad Recipe is ready!
|Serving Size:||1 salad|
Recipe By: EatingBirdFood